The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination. The Duluth Minnesota Branch embodies the mission statement of the National NAACP by working to bring unity in our local communities.
Recent events have made it necessary for us as a chapter to cite our position on issues of sexuality and gender. Use this link to see our letter on our position of cissexim.
Our vision for the Northland is one with equitable opportunities for people of African heritage and other marginalized communities.
The following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution - the principal objectives of the Association shall be:
- To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP's Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.
Communications, Press and Publicity Committee Chair
2nd Vice President
Young Adult Committee Chair
Executive Committee Member
Health Committee Chair